Sencha: Organic Tsuyuhikari Cultivar (1.76 oz)
- Taste: Well-balanced sweetness and captivating aroma captured in a vibrant emerald hue
- Aroma: An alluring aroma that lingers on the nose
- Flavor: Perfect balance between umami and sweetness
- Quality: Highest-grade tea leaves
- Origin: Shizuoka, Japan
- Altitude: 630 m (2,066 ft)
- Net Weight: 50 g (1.76 oz)
- Water Temp: 70°C (158°F)
- Steep Time: 60 seconds
- Servings: Tea leaves can be steeped up to 3 times
Note: We offer these steeping recommendations simply as a guide. Please prepare using your preferred method.
Single Origin Tea:
Unlike many mass-produced green teas on the market that are created by blending leaves sourced from multiple producers, single origin teas ensure that each package is sourced from a single farm and tea variety. Such is the case with the producer of our tea leaves Taruwakien (a name that can be appropriately translated to “only tea from our garden”).
Furthermore, the fields from which our single origin teas grow are located along the mountain slopes of Japan’s famous tea producing region of Kawane, Shizuoka. Taruwakien tea plants receive no pesticides or chemical fertilizers and have been certified organic under the Japanese Agricultural Standard since 1990.
Through our single origin tea, it is our hope that you will discover the tea varieties of Kawane, which not only provide an aroma exclusive to mountain-grown leaves, but also subtle changes in flavor with each year’s harvest.